Chemical peels are skincare procedures that dramatically treat and beautify your skin. Our skin care technicians at IMAj Institute of Scottsdale, Arizona are trained to make skin look and feel better gently. Chemical solutions are applied to the area being treated during this procedure to exfoliate and ultimately peel off dead skin. The new skin is smoother, softer, wrinkle-free, and even-toned.
Chemical peels enhance the texture and appearance of your skin. Chemical peels are terrific when used to treat a variety of skin issues.
- Reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, making the skin appear younger and more youthful.
- Sun damage.
- Acne and acne scars.
- Age spots, any dark patches, and balancing skin tone.
- Remove any discoloration from the skin and provide a consistent texture and radiant skin
Choose Your Treatment
Your chosen peel will produce differing effects, and your technician will help you choose between Alpha-hydroxy (AHA) and beta hydroxy peels (BHA), both of which will create glowing skin. These peels exfoliate the outermost layer of the skin, making it more textured and softer. AHA alpha hydroxy acid is commonly used for a superficial peel.
Top Benefits of a Chemical Peelt
Chemical Peels have many long-lasting benefits when used for:
- Improving skin texture and making it smoother and softer.
- Balancing your skin tone.
- Healing sunburn and acne scars, age spots, and dark patches.
Sunlight damages the skin, causing wrinkles, fine lines, and scarring. All these problems can be significantly improved with a chemical peel.
You may experience temporary side effects after the procedure, including redness, dryness, stinging or burning, and slight swelling. Recovery time depends on which chemical peel is involved in your treatment. But in all cases, you’ll want to avoid any direct sunlight for several days, as well as anything else that produces heat, such as exercise or sauna and steam baths.