At IMAj Spa, our technicians use waxing techniques to remove excess hair in as thorough and painless a procedure as can be done. When scheduling your appointment, make sure that hair growth will be about 1/2 inch so that the wax can easily stick to it. Your therapist may use two types of wax: hard and soft.
Hard wax does not cling as tightly to the skin as soft wax, so it is best in sensitive areas, such as the bikini line or underarms. Hard or hot wax is particularly useful for sensitive skin or problematic skin. For other places like the legs, your technician will apply a thin coating of soft wax in the treatment area before a strip of cloth is put over the wax and rubbed on. The strip then gets removed in the opposite direction of hair growth.
Sugaring is another option to waxing, and IMAj technicians can advise you on its use, as well as longer-term and more permanent solutions to hair growth such as laser treatments.
Avoid severe sunlight and tanning after waxing. You may want to skip exercise and products with chemicals and perfumes for 24 hours.
Before Waxing Tips
It is essential to take care of your skin before your treatment, so here are a few things you can do before waxing:
- To keep your skin soft and smooth, exfoliate the targeted area before your treatment.
- Use a loofah during a bath to lightly exfoliate your body.
- Avoid any makeup, deodorants, perfumed lotions, or skin beautifying products.
- Make sure that your skin is neat and clean.
After Waxing Tips
Your skin may feel slightly itchy and appear red due to waxing, but don’t panic because it will go away on its own. Take these few steps after waxing:
- Do not touch the itchy area or scratch your skin.
- Do not expose the waxed area to direct sunlight; protect your skin from sun rays.
- A steam bath or sauna can be beneficial in calming itchy skin.
- Avoid wearing tight-fitted clothes.
- Apply aloe vera gel or any other soothing skin moisturizer or serum.
- Drink a lot of water to keep your body stay hydrated.
- Use tea tree oil on the problematic area to keep your skin protected from any bacteria.
- Keep the waxed area dry for the next 12 hours.
Spa originating, professional waxing will make your skin soft, smooth, and hair-free for much longer than shaving – and with no nicks!